Orthodox Church St. Ivan Rilski
The church was built during the 1920s, urged by the fast expansion of the industrial city. Biggest part of the contributions used for the building came from the rich benefactor Mr. Alexander Georgiev Kodzhakafaliata, who placed his land at the poor inhabitants' disposal. The church-building-committee received great deal of donations from the Union of reserve sergeants, as well as other churches and pious Christians. On April the 1st 1934 the church St. Ivan Rilski was opened for the religious needs of the local population.
Four bells are hanging in the church tower, the biggest bell weights 100kg, the second one is 60kg and the other two are 40kg each. The iconostasis was made during the building of the church with measurements of 11,5m width and 3m height. Most of the icons here are painted by the master artist Prof. Nikolai Kozhuharov. On the 1st of November 1973 during the sanctification of the church, inside the communion table were placed the relics of St. Martyr Vakh.
Cathedral St. St. Cyril and Methodius
The cathedral St. St. Cyril and Methodius is the biggest Orthodox Church in the city of Burgas. It was built during the period 1894-1907, according to plans of the Italian architect Ricardo Toskani. The church is a three-nave basilica. The great hall of the cathedral is divided by five coupled marble columns. The main dome stands over the twelve-walled drum with small windows. The beautiful stained glass at the main entrance portrays the holy brothers Cyril and Methodius. Authors of the unique frescoes here are the famous Bulgarian painters prof. Gyudzhenov and Kozhuharov, best known for their work in the cathedral "St. Alexander Nevski" in Sofia.
Orthodox Church St. Virgin Mary
Orthodox Temple St. Virgin Mary is the eldest among the churches in Burgas. It was built in the middle of the 19th century (1840-1860). The liturgy in Greek language was held up to the year 1906, when the church was renamed from "The Assumption of Mary" to "The Lord's Transfiguration". The church is a three-nave basilica with 12 marble columns on the inside, holding the roofing and the wide balcony construction. The church preserves valuables icons painted by monks in the Holy Mountain, Athos peninsula. In the years 1927-28 the church obtained two towers and in one of them have been placed two bells. After World War II this religious building was declared for cultural heritage. On the 3rd of March 1952 the Church trustees voted over revealing the old name of the church - "The Assumption of Mary". During the years 1957-58 the master of iconography Mr. Nikolai Evgenievic Rostovcev painted the entire temple inside new.